Depression & Anxiety Series Email Whitelist Instructions
Your providers do the best they can to keep spam out, but sometimes the systems they use mistakenly catch good mail along with it.
So- We ask that you add us to your trusted list of senders, contacts or address book. All also known as “Whitelisting.”
If you do not see an email from Jonathan Otto in your Inbox, my email may have mistakenly been sent to your spam folder.
Please open your spam folder and if you find an email from Jonathan Otto open it and mark it as “Not spam”…
NEXT: Click on the providers or software you use to see how to make sure you get the mail from [email protected] you have asked for.
Is your email client or spam filter not listed?
If Jonathan Otto is being filtered, try adding [email protected] to your Address Book or Contact list.
If messages continue to be sent to your junk folder contact your ISP or spam filter application support and ask how to whitelist [email protected]
To make sure our email gets delivered to your Inbox, you must add Jonathan Otto to your contacts list.
If you do not readily find an email from Jonathan Otto…
Please check your Gmail Spam Folder:
– If you see the email from Jonathan Otto: Open the Email.
– Click the button on the toolbar, labeled Not spam
Next please, add Jonathan Otto to your Contacts list:
(2 minutes ago)
Filter messages like these
Add Jonathan Otto to Contacts list
Delete this message
– Open the email from Jonathan Otto.
– Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side the email from header.
– Click the “Add Jonathan Otto to Contacts List” from the list that appears.
– If Jonathan Otto does not appear in the dropdown list? Then you probably have already added Jonathan Otto to Contacts.
Gmail Mobile App
– If you are using the Gmail Mobile App on your mobile device, please open the app now.
If you are using Gmail Tabs such as “Promotions” please open your Promotions tab in Gmail.
If you do not find an email from Jonathan Otto, please check the Spam Folder:
When you find the email from Jonathan Otto
Tap the menu icon – top right.
Then select Move to.
Then select Primary from the list.
This way you will always see Jonathan Otto in your Primary Inbox tab…
NOTE: My Preferred Folder does not exist by default in Gmail. It is there as an example only since custom folders must be created by the user.
– If you are using Gmail Tabs such as ‘Promotions’ please open your Promotions tab in Gmail.
– If you find an email from Jonathan Otto in your Gmail Promotions tab:
– Grab and drag my email to the Primary Inbox Tab.
– After doing so, you will receive an alert like the one below at the top of your Gmail toolbar.
The conversation has been moved to “Primary”
Do this for future messages from [email protected]? Yes
– Click Yes in the yellow alert box at Gmail.
– This way you will always see Jonathan Otto in your Primary Inbox tab…
If you have not received an email from Jonathan Otto…
Check your Spam Folder. If you see an email from Jonathan Otto:
– Please open the email.
– Next click the Not Spam button on the top toolbar.
To ensure delivery: Create a filter to automatically send email from Jonathan Otto to your Inbox.
– Move your mouse over or tap the Gear icon in the top right navigation bar.
– Select Settings from the list that drops down.
– Choose Filters located on the left side of the page.
– Click the Add button on the Filters page.
– Create a name such as Whitelist in the Filter name field.
– In the From field leave the default contains selected.
– Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
– Click or tap Save…
– You will see in the next screen -Deliver to Inbox if From contains Jonathan Otto–
– Click or tap Save on this screen.
– You will be returned to your Yahoo! Inbox.
iPhone Mail App
iPhone Mail identifies most junk mail (spam) sent to your @icloud.com address or aliases, but it can mistakenly move email to your Junk mail folder.
Periodically check the Junk folder for email messages that were marked as junk mistakenly.
To indicate that an email message from Jonathan Otto isn’t junk:
– Open your Mail app and go to the Mailboxes screen
– Scroll down to the folders area
– Select the Junk folder.
– Find the email from Jonathan Otto and slide it left to see options.
– Tap the More button.
– Tap the Mark button.
– Tap the Mark as Not Junk button.
The message is moved to your Inbox. Subsequent email messages from Jonathan Otto will no longer be marked as junk.
By default, messages in the Junk folder are deleted after 30 days so be sure to check it often to whitelist relevant email.
Outlook Mobile App
– To add Jonathan Otto to you list of Focused Inbox on the Outlook App…
Please open the mobile Outlook app on your Android, Microsoft or iPhone:
Then open the email from Jonathan Otto:
– Click the dropdown menu on the top right of your Inbox.
– On the menu displayed tap Move to Focused Inbox
– Select the Move this and all future messages button.
– Tap Move
Now all future messages from Jonathan Otto will appear in your Focused Inbox
You can also remove unwanted emails from your Focused Inbox as well by repeating this process in your Focused tab.
Outlook 2003, Outlook 2016 and Outlook Office 365
– To add Jonathan Otto to you list of “Safe senders” on Outlook:
– Right click our email in your Inbox email list pane.
– On the menu displayed move your mouse over or tap Junk
– Click or tap on Never block sender in the menu that rolls out.
– The resulting popup will say:
– “The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List.”
– Click OK
To add sender to address book:
– Open the email
– Right click on the from address
– Choose Add to contacts option
Inbox by Gmail
To make sure our email gets delivered to a preferred folder or your choice in Inbox, you must add Jonathan Otto to your preferred folder, or a folder of your choice.
NOTE: “My Preferred Folder” is a demonstration. You must create your own My Preferred Folder by clicking + Create Newyourself.
If you do not readily find an email from Jonathan Otto in one of your Inbox bundles…
Please check your Inbox Spam Folder or your Promotions bundle:.
– When you see the email from Jonathan Otto: Open the Email.
– Then click the icon.
– Next please add Jonathan Otto to your My Preferred Folder.
– If you have not already created a My Preferred Folder, you may do so by clicking + Create new…“
– You may also move Jonathan Otto to any folder of your choice.
Previously “Hotmail”, “Live”, “Windows Live” and “MSN”…
In the new Outlook.com you must click the Wait it’s safe link if you find emails incorrectly identified as spam.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
– Check the Junk folder. If you see the Jonathan Otto email in your Inbox
– Any mail sent with the same Domain (right of the @ sign) will now be delivered to your Inbox.
AT&T no longer maintains their own inbox.
Instead you can find your AT&T emails at Att.Yahoo.com
Please follow the Yahoo instructions for whitelisting an ATT.net email address.
Click or Tap here, to scoll to the Yahoo instructions…
Please open your Thunderbird email client:
If an email from Jonathan Otto appears in your Junk Folder:
Please mark that message as Not Junk.
Next, please add Jonathan Otto to your Address Book:
– Click the Address Book button.
– Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
– Click the New Contact button.
– Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the “From” address, [email protected] into the email text box.
– In the Allowed List window, click Apply, and then click OK.
While McAfee has removed spam protection in the latest Anti-Virus software- You may still have a version that offers spam filtering.
In order to add Jonathan Otto to the friends whitelist, please open McAfee and click on Web & Email Protection.
Then click on Anti-Spam
There you can see various settings. You can change the spam protection level, change filter settings, etc.
Click on Friends list
– Please add [email protected] to your “Friends List” to always allow emails from Jonathan Otto.
If you received an email message that was incorrectly moved to the Spam Mail folder by the Anti-Spam Toolbar you can prevent this from occurring in the future.
The Anti-Spam Toolbar detects spam by looking for certain keywords in the email’s subject or body. Occasionally, it may detect what you consider legitimate email as spam.
To prevent this from occurring you can do either of the following:
– Add the Jonathan Otto to the list of Approved Senders.
– Decrease the Spam Email Filter Strength.
Note: You can also select the email and click Not Spam to report it to Trend Micro. However, this feature serves only as a reference to their spam database, and it may not have an effect on how the toolbar detects spam.
Add the sender to the list of Approved Senders:
– Open Microsoft Outlook.
– Click the Spam Mail folder then select the legitimate email detected as spam.
– Click Approve Sender on the toolbar.
– Click Yes when the confirmation message appears.
Decrease the Spam Email Filter Strength:
– Open Microsoft Outlook.
– Click Trend Micro Anti-Spam then click Settings.
– On the Spam Filter tab, move the slider bar to select a lower filter strength.
– Click OK to save your settings.
Cloudmark filters email based on content footprints. To assure our email has not been mis-identified as spam:
– Select Cloudmark | Options… from the Cloudmark SpamNet toolbar in Outlook.
– Save the user_prefs file or move the updated copy to your .spamassassin subdirectory.
Occasionally, Barracuda Spam Firewall will mark a legitimate message as spam. There are two methods to whitelist email senders.
Whitelist Quarantined Senders:
– Open your email client. Barracuda should send you a summary each day listing quarantined items. Choose the most recent Barracuda email message.
– Locate the email from Jonathan Otto and the sender email address [email protected] that you do not want quarantined in the future. Click on the word “Whitelist,” which is in green print to the right of the email title. This will open your list in a web browser.
– Click the box to the left of the email that you would like to whitelist. At the top of the page, click “Whitelist.” Barracuda will not block or quarantine the sender whose email address appears on the whitelist.
Whitelist Senders and Domains:
– Open your web browser. Navigate to your company’s Barracuda firewall homepage.
– Click on the Block/Accept tab.
– Choose “Sender Domain Block/Accept.” Enter the Domain name from [email protected] to whitelist. For example, you can enter aol.com to allow all AOL addresses.
– You may enter a comment to remind you why you allowed this Domain. Click “Add.”
– Click your mouse on the “Email Sender Block/Accept” tab. Enter the email address of an individual sender that you want to whitelist, such as “[email protected]“
– Include a comment. Click “Add.” In the future, Barracuda will not block emails from this sender.
Most Used Spam Filters
Highlight the email from Jonathan Otto with the email address [email protected] to Whitelist.
Click “More” in the SPAMfighter Toolbar and select “Whitelist”.
Here you can choose if you want to Whitelist the email address [email protected] or the whole Domain.
To be sure that all emails from people in your Outlook contacts get through to you, you can import and Whitelist them.
To do this, follow these steps:
– Click “More” in the SPAMfighter toolbar.
– Then “Options”
– Then “Filter settings”
– Then “Blacklists & Whitelists”
– Then “Whitelist email address”
– Then “Import”.
– Select your ‘Address Book’ and click on “Check all”
– Click “Add”
– Click “Apply”
If you get a pop-up box offering you to upgrade to SPAMfighter Pro, it is because you have exceeded the limit of 100 addresses. You can fix this by buying SPAMfighter Pro or by deleting some of the addresses in your Black/White list. If you want to delete addresses, please go to: